ARSCLIST  August 2012

ARSCLIST August 2012

Re: Ruth Robin recordings

Thomas Stern <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Aug 2012 15:38:11 -0400

try a google search:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&gs_mss=%22ruth%20robin%22%20b&pq=%22ruth%20robin%22&cp=24&gs_id=28&xhr=t&q=%22ruth+robin%22+b
and+singer&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=%22ruth+robin%22+band+singer&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=4c682113b7e1b4cf&biw=121
3&bih=562

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19350708&id=qEwbAAAAIBAJ&sjid=lUsEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1976,2008823

Best wishes, Thomas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Williams, Tim
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 2:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Ruth Robin recordings

Hello all,

I'm trying to find any discographical information on a singer (orig. from Pittsburgh, younger sister of lyricist Leo Robin) named
Ruth Robin (married name: Ruth Robin Bivona).

She sang in the 1930s and 40s with the bands of Charlie Barnet, Phil Harris, Jan Savitt, Joe Venuti, and her husband, clarinetist
Gus Bivona.  A local radio host says he has a 78 of her singing her brother's "My Cutie's Due at Two to Two" with Bivona's band on
the Four Star label.

But I've checked the Tom Lord jazz discography; the Brian Rust jazz, dance band, and entertainment discographies; and the Alice
Rogers Dance Bands & Big Bands discography, and I've yet to find any listings of any recordings of her.

Anyone have any leads?

Thanks,

Timothy R. Williams

Music Librarian

Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
This email message and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  Any use,
distribution, copying or disclosure by anyone other than the intended individual or entity is prohibited without prior approval.
If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately.