The Reel Thing XXIX
August 23-25, 2012 . Hollywood, CA
The Reel Thing opens on Thursday, August 23rd with a reception and a Special Tribute to the Nicholas Brothers, plus ...
* Case Study - Methods and Workflow - Restoring Universal's "The Invisible Man"
* De-Wow Techniques for Motion Picture Soundtrack Preservation
* Step One in Preserving File Based Feature Film "Original Negatives"
* Gigantic Ideas: The Enlightenment and Pre-Cinema
* Better Films Through Trickery and Deceit
* Miniman, the ETF and Color Prototype #3
* Case Study - Reconstructing and Restoring "Heaven's Gate"
* Multiple Editions of American Silent Features
* Archiving Digital Content on LTO
* Case Study: The Digital Restoration of the French Classic "Les Miserables" (1934)
* Image is Everything. Protect It ! -- Update on the Kodak Asset Protection Film Platform
* An Easy and Affordable 35mm Desktop Film Printer
And Special Screenings -
* The US premiere of the new digital restoration of Howard Hawks' GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES, starring Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe. Courtesy of 20th Century Fox.
* The premiere of the new digital restoration of THE INVISIBLE MAN, starring Claude Rains, directed by James Whale. Courtesy of NBC/Universal.
* A Sneak Preview of a newly restored film!
More Program details are available on website - www.the-reel-thing.org