ARSCLIST  September 2012

ARSCLIST September 2012

Columbia "Light Classics" Series 19label is a 85 and Columbia label symbol

Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]>

Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:59:12 -0700

Could someone tell me about the Columbia Light Classics label from 1985? I just found Columbia AL 39858,with the Blanchard,and Telemann.I see the only CD issue of this currently available,is from Archiv,not Sony/BMG,   http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/Name/Quincy-Jones/Conductor/6020-3

I am pretty sure this is Quincy Jones' only recording as a classical conductor,but what I am wondering about is this the only release in this series? I have the LP here,and it is on a label similar to the blue CBS Masterworks of the time,except it's a mustard color.

On the label is a symbol found on many CBS/Epic records of the mid 80s-early 90s.Some have it on just one side.That being a triangle inside a circle,pointing down.I have always suspected,this denotes an analog recording.Am I right?

Roger