Managing Editor, The Moving Image
Journal of the Association of Moving Image Archivists
Oversees all phases of the production process ensuring production and distribution of two issues annually in a timely manner, coordinating efforts with the Editor-in-Chief, Book Reviews and Film/DVD Reviews editors, authors, the AMIA office, the copyeditors, and the University of Minnesota Press.
The managing editor is responsible for developing and/or implementing and maintaining efficient procedures and policies for:
* Coordinating all logistics pertaining to preparation of the journal for publication, from submission process through ensuring publisher guidelines are met by editors, volunteers and authors.
* In conjunction with the Editor-in-Chief, as well as editors for book, film and DVD reviews, coordinating logistics pertaining to book, film, and DVD reviews for eventual publication.
* Oversees copyright issues to ensure authors obtain necessary permission requirements and other binding agreements for publication of materials.
* Maintaining accurate, auditable records for interactions with contributors, copy editor(s), and subscribers, including submissions and permissions.
* Proofreading and minor line editing to conform to Chicago Manual of Style and press manuscript submission requirements.
* Coordination for the copyediting process for each issue, from distributing copyedited files to authors and compiling final editions of the manuscript.
* Supervision of volunteers who may be asked to assist with certain tasks
Stipend: $8,000 per two issues. Reviewed annually.
Qualifications: Relevant publishing experience in proofreading academic prose and in-house production editing. Must be proficient in Chicago-style documentation. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Acrobat, and database software (such as Filemaker Pro). Excellent communication skills including command of scholarly vocabulary, knowledge of academic footnoting and bibliography form, and application of style guidelines (communicating with authors and editors to ensure style is followed correctly).
Appointment: The managing editor will be appointed by 15 November 2012 to prepare the 13.2 issue, for a two-year period, with a possible extension.
Please address questions and applications to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, before 15 October 2012.
1313 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA 90028
e. [log in to unmask]