Interested in what happens to access fields in bibliographic records if the RDA-related mechanical changes are applied to them, I ran the conversion program against my entire test database. This database contains a copy of records in our production database as it stood something on the order of two years ago.
The program made at least one RDA-related mechanical change to 408,855 of the 5,132,904 bibliographic records in the test database: just shy of 8% of the bibliographic records were changed.
Anyone interested in how this looks in a "traditional" Voyager OPAC can go here and play around: http://nucat-test.library.northwestern.edu/ There are plenty of "approximately" and "active" and "Department" and so on to be seen. I've just started the program against authority records, so authority information is currently out of synch with bibliographic information. Should be harmonious in a few days...
Gary L. Strawn, Authorities Librarian, etc.
Northwestern University Library, 1970 Campus Drive, Evanston IL 60208-2300
e-mail: [log in to unmask] voice: 847/491-2788 fax: 847/491-8306
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit. BatchCat version: 2007.22.416