Re: Howard Scott Dies

Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 7 Oct 2012 18:04:50 -0700

Roger

Would 1953-54 be about the last that they were used?

Roger

________________________________
From: [Richard A Kaplan] <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Howard Scott Dies

Hi Dennis,

How long was it until tape rendered the 16-inch lacquers obsolete? For
example, when the Philadelphia Orchestra resumed recording in April, 1949 after
the strike, would those recordings have been mastered on tape, or was tape
used  as a backup for the discs for some time? I believe that was the case
in  Europe.

Rich Kaplan

In a message dated 10/7/2012 1:46:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time,