ARSCLIST  October 2012

ARSCLIST October 2012

Re: Key patent numbers

Patrick Feaster <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:40:44 -0400

Allen Koenigsberg's book is a terrific resource, but it covers the period
up to 1912, not 1922.  His 1990 edition lists 2,118 patents and is more
common, while the 1991 "bicentennial" edition lists 2,144 patents.  For the
period 1913-1919, my own online "Directory of U. S. Phonograph Patents"
might be of interest (http://www.phonozoic.net/patents/index.html).  It
lists 2,211 patents for those years.  I've also posted an index by current
classification spanning the whole period 1878-1919 (I assembled my own list
of 2,254 patents for 1878-1912 using the same search method I used for
1913-1919 but, except for the current classification index, I haven't made
it a priority to publish that material because so much of what I found is
already in Allen's book).  I'm not aware of anything similar for 1920
onward, though.

 - Patrick