Re: Early electrical disk recording

DAVID BURNHAM <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:51:31 -0700

I would suspect that the distortion on the Glee Club recordings was as a result of input stage overloading.  Choral sounds notoriously can saturate mike preamps and this has to be prevented with input pads or pads on the mikes themselves.  This distortion is obvious in the choral sections of D'Oyle Carte's "Yeomen of the Guard" on Victor.

db

>>> M.C.Productions Vintage Recordings