ARSCLIST  November 2012

ARSCLIST November 2012

Re: HIGHLY recommended - "The Return of The Stuff That Dreams Are ...

carlstephen koto <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Nov 2012 01:46:51 -0800

Thanks for the SoundCloud link.

I enjoyed the first SDAMO enough that I gave several away as Xmas gifts. Much to my surprise, the son of one of the recipients (in his early 30's), loved it enough that he's begun to collect cd's of similar recordings and claims to love the scratchy sound on them.
When I asked him what interested him about these kinds of recordings, he said that Jeff Tweedy (the front man for the band Wilco) sang songs from early musicians and pointed to these kinds of old recordings as a continuing source of inspiration.
Now it seems that his other Wilco lovin' buddies can't get enough of these either.

Steve Koto