ARSCLIST  November 2012

ARSCLIST November 2012

Re: Serge Koussevitzky re-issues

"Kevin P. Mostyn" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:16:21 -0800

Ben,

There are several works that have only one CD issue but I would have to do a
correlation to give you a list. You might get Jim North's discography of the
BSO and check against that. It's not perfect reference but it's a good
start.

I have known Nate Brown since 1968. I have everything he has (Koussevitzky)
and more.

He sold many tape copies to Andrea Scarduelli (AS Disc, get it?) who then
issued dozens of CDs from the material. Lots of NY Phil, based on a
collection of CBS ETs that Brown once had.

--Kevin Mostyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James Roth
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Serge Koussevitzky re-issues

Thank you, Mr. Mostyn,

That's a great list, and there are at least 1/3  I don't have.
Could you tell me if there are any pieces that only one label has reissued.

Do you know Nate Brown?
I've bought a few CDRs from him - probably things that no one else has.

He says that AS Discs got most of their stuff from him.
He's got quite a large collection of SK broadcasts and programs in his
archives.
He has other conductors as well.

Regards,
Ben Roth