A bit more information. I use a Plextor DVD drive for the ripping in
most instances on the desktop, but the BD drive that came with the
machine has done as well when I tried it and we used the built-in DVD
drive in Robert's laptop (heck, it was under warranty, why not).
If I'm loading in CD tracks to evaluate a mastering job or something
related to a work project, I will generally just bring them in via
Samplitude and it seems to be as robust as EAC, though I have not done
mass ripping. I did note that whatever database Robert used for the mass
rip the data for I think CD 3 and 4 of the 4-CD John Denver box set was
the same track listing but with different timings. I don't know if
that's Robert-error or user-interface-induced Robert-error or database
error. I haven't gone back to check it.
On 2012-11-30 8:54 AM, Tom Fine wrote:
> I "upgraded" to the latest version of Exact Audio Copy and all of a
> sudden the software is
> _terrible_ compared to earlier versions. Running on Windows XP, circa
> 2010 Dell Workstation, so
> plenty of computing power.