ID@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ID Home

ID  November 2012

ID November 2012

Re: paging urls in atom feed broken

"Ford, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>

LC Linked Data Service Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Nov 2012 10:57:57 -0400

> I just happened to notice that the self, next and last links in the
> Atom feed [1] are pointing at the wrong place:
-- Thanks for catching this.  They've been fixed.

As for the increasingly slow response, we'll have to look into it.  We've known about it for a while now, but we've not had the opportunity to exploer some other options.  (I just now took another look at the code and do not see any obvious inefficiencies with it so I've always assumed this would require probably a fair amount of testing to correct.)

Happily, for subjects one must only go back fewer than 30 pages before hitting resources that would be in the latest bulk download.  Names, on the other hand, is entirely separate matter (you'd have to request a page north of 5500).  One of the reasons I want to update the bulk downloads.

Thanks again for the catch.

Yours,

Kevin