MODS November 2012

Re: how to mark "et al."

Stephen Hearn <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 26 Nov 2012 08:45:22 -0600

Another possible extension for the "usage" attribute in the "name"
MODS element which we've considered locally would be to define values
for fuller sequencing of the display of names. The value "primary" is
able to designate one name for use in "main entry" type citations, but
there is no way to indicate the sequence of other name elements that
would follow the primary name in some citation formats.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
Technical Services, University Libraries