BIBFRAME January 2013

Re: Bibframe and translations from MARC

Kevin Ford <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:59:52 -0500

text/plain

 > String identifiers are buggy whips.
-- Right.  And what's important here is that in each example you
mention, the context changed.  And the context of an identifier is
important.

Within the BIBFRAME universe, the LCCN is in a different context and so
helps to identify something different than it did when it was in a MARC
record.

Warmly,
Kevin