LISTSERV mailing list manager LISTSERV 16.0

Help for ARSCLIST Archives


ARSCLIST Archives

ARSCLIST Archives


ARSCLIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV


View:

Message:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

Font:

Proportional Font

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

ARSCLIST Home

ARSCLIST Home

ARSCLIST  February 2013

ARSCLIST February 2013

Subject:

Two more extreme record collecting geeks

From:

Art Shifrin <[log in to unmask]>

Reply-To:

Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Date:

Tue, 19 Feb 2013 00:34:04 -0500

Content-Type:

text/plain

Parts/Attachments:

Parts/Attachments

text/plain (736 lines)

Why insult the chap as a "bottom feeder"?  If his criteria provide him some
kind gratification, then good for him!

Shiffy

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM, ARSCLIST automatic digest system <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> There are 16 messages totalling 722 lines in this issue.
>
> Topics of the day:
>
>   1. playing cylinders longer than 4" (was broken cylinders)
>   2. Combination of player piano and Victor records
>   3. Garrard plastic headshells, two available for cost of shipping
>   4. Another pile of VHS tapes available (2)
>   5. Two more extreme record collecting geeks (8)
>   6. New York Chapter meeting notices (3)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 00:19:40 -0500
> From:    Art Shifrin <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: playing cylinders longer than 4" (was broken cylinders)
>
> Rather simple to achieve If you have the skills, or those of a machinist.
>
> 1a. Dismantled a Rabco SL8-E & had the chap make a new one of the identical
> cross section as that of the original
>
> 1b. procure a drive chain that's identical to the original but longer
>
> 1c. replace the "C" cell with a multi-voltage output so that the motor will
> turn fast enough to propel the arm at a suitable rate
>
> 2. male a new base to accommodate the above
>
> 3. make mandrels as required
>
> And it woiks!
>
> Shiffy
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:32:15 +0100
> From:    "Dr Rainer E. Lotz" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Combination of player piano and Victor records
>
> Did you know about this?
>
>   http://mmd.foxtail.com/Archives/Digests/199702/1997.02.26.10.html
>   http://www.mmdigest.com/Archives/KWIC/A/accompany.html
>
> A symposium on this topic will be held in March in Switzerland
>
> http://www.hkb.bfh.ch/de/forschung/forschungsschwerpunkte/fspinterpretation/veranstaltungen/geisterhand3/
>
> --
> Dr. Rainer E. Lotz
> Rotdornweg 81
> 53177 Bonn (Germany)
>
> Tel: 0049-228-352808
> Fax: 0049-228-365142
> Web: www.lotz-verlag.de
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:54:50 -0500
> From:    Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Garrard plastic headshells, two available for cost of shipping
>
> I have two Garrard plastic headshells for those who still use the old
> record-wreckers.
>
> 1. black plastic, longer length, had an original GE Variable Reluctance
> mono cartridge in it, three
> pinsm two wires and attachment clips (mono). Probably circa 1950.
>
> 2. white plastic, with nice Garrard emblem, had a Stanton 380 "Fluxvalve"
> stereo cartridge. Four
> pins, clearly wired up for stereo. Probably circa 1962.
>
> Yours for the cost of parcel post, USA addresses only. Just to be clear,
> these are the plastic
> headshells only, with mounting screws included and wiring intact. No
> cartridges.
>
> Please ping off-list if interested.
>
> -- Tom Fine
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:57:48 -0500
> From:    Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Another pile of VHS tapes available
>
> I'm now out of VHS as a time-shifting medium, so the last of the tapes can
> go. Some still
> shrink-wrapped, some have TV content on them, none worn out. About 50
> tapes all told. Somewhere
> between $10-20 Media Mail. USA addresses only.
>
> Please ping off-list if interested.
>
> -- Tom Fine
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:46:15 -0700
> From:    Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Two more extreme record collecting geeks
>
> A real bottom feeder=2CI feel sorry for this guy.
> http://www.audiokarma.org=
> /forums/showthread.php?t=3D502630 Rutherford Chang.Maybe you heard about
> hi=
> m. http://www.dustandgrooves.com/rutherford-chang-we-buy-white-albums/Roge=
> r                                         =
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:12:41 -0500
> From:    David Goren <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Two more extreme record collecting geeks
>
> Why feel sorry? Because collecting records makes him happy? Or because =
> he's not a super discerning collecting snob?
>
>
> On Feb 18, 2013, at 4:46 PM, Roger Kulp wrote:
>
> > A real bottom feeder,I feel sorry for this guy. =
> http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3D502630 Rutherford =
> Chang.Maybe you heard about him. =
> http://www.dustandgrooves.com/rutherford-chang-we-buy-white-albums/ =
> Roger                                    =20
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:18:37 -0500
> From:    Frank Strauss <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Two more extreme record collecting geeks
>
> Every one he buys makes yours more valuable.
>
> >  On Feb 18, 2013, at 4:46 PM, Roger Kulp wrote:
> >
> > > A real bottom feeder,I feel sorry for this guy.
> > http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=502630 Rutherford
> > Chang.Maybe you heard about him.
> > http://www.dustandgrooves.com/rutherford-chang-we-buy-white-albums/Roger
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Frank B Strauss, DMD
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:27:07 -0800
> From:    Cary Ginell <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Two more extreme record collecting geeks
>
> Chang sounds like a real character. Can't say I understand his =
> obsession, but it makes him happy so go figure.
>
> He plays the White Album every day and collects any copy he can get his =
> hands on, no matter what the condition. I thought people like this =
> existed only in coin collecting.=20
>
> Cary Ginell
>
>
>
>
> On Feb 18, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]> =
> wrote:
>
> > A real bottom feeder,I feel sorry for this guy. =
> http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3D502630 Rutherford =
> Chang.Maybe you heard about him. =
> http://www.dustandgrooves.com/rutherford-chang-we-buy-white-albums/ =
> Roger                                    =20
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:33:56 -0500
> From:    David Goren <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Two more extreme record collecting geeks
>
> Personally, I don't think Chang is that hard to understand. It's an art =
> project. Whether it's a good one or not is your call. He regards the =
> album as a cultural artifact and as a sort of blank canvas that can =
> degraded through the ravages of time, by the intervention of the owner =
> or both. I've run across people doing sound art doing similar =
> experiments in degradation.
>
>
> On Feb 18, 2013, at 5:27 PM, Cary Ginell wrote:
>
> > Chang sounds like a real character. Can't say I understand his =
> obsession, but it makes him happy so go figure.
> >=20
> > He plays the White Album every day and collects any copy he can get =
> his hands on, no matter what the condition. I thought people like this =
> existed only in coin collecting.=20
> >=20
> > Cary Ginell
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > On Feb 18, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]> =
> wrote:
> >=20
> >> A real bottom feeder,I feel sorry for this guy. =
> http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3D502630 Rutherford =
> Chang.Maybe you heard about him. =
> http://www.dustandgrooves.com/rutherford-chang-we-buy-white-albums/ =
> Roger                                    =20
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:40:43 -0800
> From:    Cary Ginell <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Two more extreme record collecting geeks
>
> I'd be more interested in the stories behind the different copies - =
> where they came from, where they were acquired, how they got in such =
> condition, who the inscriptions on the albums were about - but Chang =
> doesn't know or doesn't care about anything other than the serial =
> number. Too bad - this could have been an interesting project. Instead, =
> it's a "what is it?"
>
> Cary Ginell
>
> On Feb 18, 2013, at 2:33 PM, David Goren <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Personally, I don't think Chang is that hard to understand. It's an =
> art project. Whether it's a good one or not is your call. He regards the =
> album as a cultural artifact and as a sort of blank canvas that can =
> degraded through the ravages of time, by the intervention of the owner =
> or both. I've run across people doing sound art doing similar =
> experiments in degradation.
> >=20
> >=20
> > On Feb 18, 2013, at 5:27 PM, Cary Ginell wrote:
> >=20
> >> Chang sounds like a real character. Can't say I understand his =
> obsession, but it makes him happy so go figure.
> >>=20
> >> He plays the White Album every day and collects any copy he can get =
> his hands on, no matter what the condition. I thought people like this =
> existed only in coin collecting.=20
> >>=20
> >> Cary Ginell
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >> On Feb 18, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]> =
> wrote:
> >>=20
> >>> A real bottom feeder,I feel sorry for this guy. =
> http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3D502630 Rutherford =
> Chang.Maybe you heard about him. =
> http://www.dustandgrooves.com/rutherford-chang-we-buy-white-albums/ =
> Roger                                    =20
> >=20
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:47:28 -0500
> From:    Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Two more extreme record collecting geeks
>
> The coin collectors get the last laugh as paper money becomes less than
> worthless.
>
> As for Chang, I think it's neat that he has all those copies with various
> people's scribling on
> them. It's kind of a social studies project as well as a collecting thing.
>
> I like David Goren's comment. Nothing worse than a snooty
> collector-braggard. I have no idea what my
> pile of LPs is worth to anyone else. To me, they are priceless because no
> matter how I feel or
> what's going on, there are many platters in that collection that can bring
> me instant joy. Keeping
> it well organized has always helped me.
>
> -- Tom Fine
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Cary Ginell" <[log in to unmask]>
> To: <[log in to unmask]>
> Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 5:27 PM
> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Two more extreme record collecting geeks
>
>
> Chang sounds like a real character. Can't say I understand his obsession,
> but it makes him happy so
> go figure.
>
> He plays the White Album every day and collects any copy he can get his
> hands on, no matter what the
> condition. I thought people like this existed only in coin collecting.
>
> Cary Ginell
>
>
>
>
> On Feb 18, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> > A real bottom feeder,I feel sorry for this guy.
> > http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=502630 Rutherford
> Chang.Maybe you heard about
> > him. http://www.dustandgrooves.com/rutherford-chang-we-buy-white-albums/Roger
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:51:44 -0500
> From:    David Goren <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Two more extreme record collecting geeks
>
> Hmmm....well, maybe you just skimmed the article.
>
> For example:
>
> "I=92ve come across some good eBay listings. For example: A2058935  was =
> described as, =93someone must have been smoking dope while drawing on =
> the front cover both records have scratches but play ok.=94 Visitors to =
> =93We Buy White Albums=94 frequently offer their White Album stories as =
> well. One told me that when he was a kid he would go over to his =
> friend=92s house to listen to the album. Except his friend=92s copy had =
> =93Sexy Sadie=94 and =93Happiness is a Warm Gun=94 scratched out because =
> he was afraid that if his parents heard these songs they would =
> confiscate the album."
>
> and=20
>
> Q: It seems like the white album is a popular album for listener=92s =
> self interpretations. Like a clean white canvas. So many of your albums =
> are re-imagined, written on, or abused. Have you noticed that?
>
> A: The covers have certainly been well loved/abused! The white canvases =
> have been personalized with everything from scribbled names to elaborate =
> paintings. I keep wondering if Richard Hamilton foresaw that all this =
> would happen to the covers when he designed it back in 1968.
>
>
> and
>
> A: I got into collecting multiple White Albums because every copy tells =
> a story. Each one has aged uniquely over the course of the last =
> half-decade. The pressings from 1968 were numbered, implying that it is =
> a limited edition, although one running in excess of 3 million.
>
>
>
> On Feb 18, 2013, at 5:40 PM, Cary Ginell wrote:
>
> > I'd be more interested in the stories behind the different copies - =
> where they came from, where they were acquired, how they got in such =
> condition, who the inscriptions on the albums were about - but Chang =
> doesn't know or doesn't care about anything other than the serial =
> number. Too bad - this could have been an interesting project. Instead, =
> it's a "what is it?"
> >=20
> > Cary Ginell
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 20:11:04 -0700
> From:    Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Another pile of VHS tapes available
>
> My Goodwill sells VHS tapes for a dollar for a shopping cart load.They
> sure=
>  do have a lot of them.I want to sell my Betamax machines=2Cbut I have no
> t=
> apes to test them with. Roger
>  > Date: Mon=2C 18 Feb 2013 11:57:48 -0500
> > From: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: [ARSCLIST] Another pile of VHS tapes available
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> >=20
> > I'm now out of VHS as a time-shifting medium=2C so the last of the tapes
> =
> can go. Some still=20
> > shrink-wrapped=2C some have TV content on them=2C none worn out. About
> 50=
>  tapes all told. Somewhere=20
> > between $10-20 Media Mail. USA addresses only.
> >=20
> > Please ping off-list if interested.
> >=20
> > -- Tom Fine=20
>                                           =
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:33:45 -0500
> From:    "Aaron L. Rosenblum" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: New York Chapter meeting notices
>
> Ditto.
>
> Aaron Rosenblum
> Processing Archivist
> JDC, Inc.
>
> Date:    Sun, 17 Feb 2013 11:09:38 -0500
> > From:    Doug Pomeroy <[log in to unmask]>
> > Subject: New York Chapter meeting notices
> > MIME-Version: 1.0
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> >
> > I used to receive notices of the New York Chapter meetings,
> > but the notices seem to have stopped.
> >
> > How does one get reinstated?
> >
> >
> > Doug Pomeroy
> > Audio Restoration & Mastering Services
> > 193 Baltic St
> > Brooklyn, NY 11201-6173
> > (718) 855-2650
> > [log in to unmask]
> >
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:36:22 -0500
> From:    Kim Peach <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: New York Chapter meeting notices
>
> Dear Doug,
>
> There are several ways to keep in the loop about ARSC's active New York
> Chapter.  I believe Dennis Rooney, NY Chapter Chair, can add you to his
> group list.  You can contact him at [log in to unmask]
>
> Other options are:
>
> 1. Check the list of forthcoming events on the NY Chapter's webpage at
> http://www.arsc-audio.org/chapters/newyorkchapter.html.  We'll post
> updates
> monthly.
>
> 2. Check ARSC's homepage under "News and Events":
> http://www.arsc-audio.org/index.php.  We try to post an announcement with
> details at least a week before the event date.
>
> 3. Watch for an announcment to be sent out on ARSCList a week before the
> event.
>
> Thanks for inquiring.  The NY Chapter has a great program this season!  The
> next meeting is this Thursday with a presentation by Tom Fine.   Here are
> the details below.
>
> All the best,
> Kim
>
> Kimberly Peach
> ARSC Web Editor
>
>
>  ARSC New York Chapter
>
> FEBRUARY 2013 Meeting
>
> 7 P. M. Thursday, 2/21/13
> at the CUNY Sonic Arts Center
> West 140th Street & Convent Avenue, New York
> or enter at 138th Street off Convent Avenue
> Shepard Hall (the Gothic building) =E2=80=93 Recital Hall (Room 95,
> Basemen=
> t level) An
> elevator is located in the center of the building
>
> TOM FINE and =E2=80=9CThe Dawn of Digital=E2=80=9D
>
> Tom Fine will summarize his research that led to his ARSC Journal article,
> "The Dawn of Digital Recording," present some additional facts about
> "firsts" in the commercial digital recording field, and play some examples
> of early digital recordings. We have now "lived digital" in the
> professional recording business for 40+ years. To put that in perspective,
> that's a greater number of years than from the dawn of electrical disk
> recording to stereo Lps. Since the 1970s, much of the early digital history
> has been lost or mythologized (the latest example being wrong "history"
> posted at the NARAS P&E Wing's website). The ARSC Journal article and this
> multi-media presentation aim to set the record straight, presenting
> first-hand accounts, recorded sound examples and discographical
> information.
>
> Tom Fine is a writer, editor and sound engineer based in Brewster NY. He is
> a member of ARSC and the AES. His analog-to-digital transfer business
> concentrates on large institutional/archival and private collections. Most
> of the analog audio collection of Poets House, located in Battery Park
> City, was transferred by Fine. All of that audio is now available to
> patrons in a central, searchable digital multi-media database. Fine most
> recently worked on production and wrote booklet copy for the new Mercury
> Living Presence CD and Lp box sets to be released this spring from
> UMG/Decca Classics.
>   [image: page1image15728]
>
> OUR NEXT PROGRAM WILL BE ON MARCH 28, 2013
>
> =E2=80=9CThe Two Garys=E2=80=9D
>
> A joint presentation on
> Ju=CC=88rgen Grundheber, (=E2=80=9CArchivist/Pirate=E2=80=9D) and tenor
> Hel=
> ge Roswaenge
>
> by Gary Thalheimer and Gary Galo, respectively
>
> v=EF=81=B6v=EF=81=B6v=EF=81=B6
>
> DIRECTIONS TO THE SONIC ARTS CENTER
>
> Subway: Take the 1 train to 137th Street City College and walk north to
> 140th St. & Broadway, then go east to 140th St. & Convent Avenue. Take the
> A, B, C, or D trains to 145th St, go south on St. Nicholas to 141st St,
> (one long block), then west one block to Convent Avenue.
> and south one more block to 140th & Convent Avenue.
>
> Bus: M4 and M5 on Broadway; M 100, 101 on Amsterdam Ave (one block West of
> Convent A venue.)
>
> v=EF=81=B6v=EF=81=B6v=EF=81=B6
>
> The Sonic Arts Center at CCNY offers 4-year Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees
> in Music with a concentration in Music and Audio Technology. Their program
> provides an in- depth curriculum emphasizing real-world skills with a
> project-based approach. Students enjoy a well-rounded program, with
> emphasis on audio technology, music theory, orchestration, and history to
> help them compete in a field that today demands an ever- growing and highly
> diverse skill set.
>
> v=EF=81=B6v=EF=81=B6v=EF=81=B6
>
> All ARSC NY Chapter meetings are free and open to the public.
>
> Voluntary contributions to help defray our expenses are welcome!
>
> To join ARSC, visit http://www.arsc-audio.org
>
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Doug Pomeroy <[log in to unmask]
> >wrot=
> e:
>
> > I used to receive notices of the New York Chapter meetings,
> > but the notices seem to have stopped.
> >
> > How does one get reinstated?
> >
> >
> > Doug Pomeroy
> > Audio Restoration & Mastering Services
> > 193 Baltic St
> > Brooklyn, NY 11201-6173
> > (718) 855-2650
> > [log in to unmask]
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:11:51 -0600
> From:    Robert Cham <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: New York Chapter meeting notices
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm retired and never was officially an=20
> archivist, just a recording engineer who did=20
> restoration work in the past.  I'm moving to=20
> Virginia, and wouyld like to attend meetings in=20
> DC when time permits.
>
> How do I find out about them?
>
> Bob Cham
>
>
>
> >Dear Doug,
> >
> >There are several ways to keep in the loop about ARSC's active New York
> >Chapter.  I believe Dennis Rooney, NY Chapter Chair, can add you to his
> >group list.  You can contact him at [log in to unmask]
> >
> >Other options are:
> >
> >1. Check the list of forthcoming events on the NY Chapter's webpage at
> >http://www.arsc-audio.org/chapters/newyorkchapter.html.  We'll post
> updates
> >monthly.
> >
> >2. Check ARSC's homepage under "News and Events":
> >http://www.arsc-audio.org/index.php.  We try to post an announcement with
> >details at least a week before the event date.
> >
> >3. Watch for an announcment to be sent out on ARSCList a week before the
> >event.
> >
> >Thanks for inquiring.  The NY Chapter has a great program this season!
>  The
> >next meeting is this Thursday with a presentation by Tom Fine.   Here are
> >the details below.
> >
> >All the best,
> >Kim
> >
> >Kimberly Peach
> >ARSC Web Editor
> >
> >
> >  ARSC New York Chapter
> >
> >FEBRUARY 2013 Meeting
> >
> >7 P. M. Thursday, 2/21/13
> >at the CUNY Sonic Arts Center
> >West 140th Street & Convent Avenue, New York
> >or enter at 138th Street off Convent Avenue
> >Shepard Hall (the Gothic building) - Recital Hall (Room 95, Basement
> level)=
>  An
> >elevator is located in the center of the building
> >
> >TOM FINE and "The Dawn of Digital"
> >
> >Tom Fine will summarize his research that led to his ARSC Journal article,
> >"The Dawn of Digital Recording," present some additional facts about
> >"firsts" in the commercial digital recording field, and play some examples
> >of early digital recordings. We have now "lived digital" in the
> >professional recording business for 40+ years. To put that in perspective,
> >that's a greater number of years than from the dawn of electrical disk
> >recording to stereo Lps. Since the 1970s, much of the early digital
> history
> >has been lost or mythologized (the latest example being wrong "history"
> >posted at the NARAS P&E Wing's website). The ARSC Journal article and this
> >multi-media presentation aim to set the record straight, presenting
> >first-hand accounts, recorded sound examples and discographical
> >information.
> >
> >Tom Fine is a writer, editor and sound engineer based in Brewster NY. He
> is
> >a member of ARSC and the AES. His analog-to-digital transfer business
> >concentrates on large institutional/archival and private collections. Most
> >of the analog audio collection of Poets House, located in Battery Park
> >City, was transferred by Fine. All of that audio is now available to
> >patrons in a central, searchable digital multi-media database. Fine most
> >recently worked on production and wrote booklet copy for the new Mercury
> >Living Presence CD and Lp box sets to be released this spring from
> >UMG/Decca Classics.
> >   [image: page1image15728]
> >
> >OUR NEXT PROGRAM WILL BE ON MARCH 28, 2013
> >
> >"The Two Garys"
> >
> >A joint presentation on
> >J=FCrgen Grundheber, ("Archivist/Pirate") and tenor Helge Roswaenge
> >
> >by Gary Thalheimer and Gary Galo, respectively
> >
> >v?v?v?
> >
> >DIRECTIONS TO THE SONIC ARTS CENTER
> >
> >Subway: Take the 1 train to 137th Street City College and walk north to
> >140th St. & Broadway, then go east to 140th St. & Convent Avenue. Take the
> >A, B, C, or D trains to 145th St, go south on St. Nicholas to 141st St,
> >(one long block), then west one block to Convent Avenue.
> >and south one more block to 140th & Convent Avenue.
> >
> >Bus: M4 and M5 on Broadway; M 100, 101 on Amsterdam Ave (one block West of
> >Convent A venue.)
> >
> >v?v?v?
> >
> >The Sonic Arts Center at CCNY offers 4-year Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees
> >in Music with a concentration in Music and Audio Technology. Their program
> >provides an in- depth curriculum emphasizing real-world skills with a
> >project-based approach. Students enjoy a well-rounded program, with
> >emphasis on audio technology, music theory, orchestration, and history to
> >help them compete in a field that today demands an ever- growing and
> highly
> >diverse skill set.
> >
> >v?v?v?
> >
> >All ARSC NY Chapter meetings are free and open to the public.
> >
> >Voluntary contributions to help defray our expenses are welcome!
> >
> >To join ARSC, visit http://www.arsc-audio.org
> >
> >On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Doug Pomeroy <[log in to unmask]
> >wrot=
> e:
> >
> >>  I used to receive notices of the New York Chapter meetings,
> >>  but the notices seem to have stopped.
> >>
> >>  How does one get reinstated?
> >>
> >>
> >>  Doug Pomeroy
> >>  Audio Restoration & Mastering Services
> >>  193 Baltic St
> >>  Brooklyn, NY 11201-6173
> >>  (718) 855-2650
> >>  [log in to unmask]
> >>
> >
> >!DSPAM:639,5122f37f326382493849676!
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of ARSCLIST Digest - 17 Feb 2013 to 18 Feb 2013 (#2013-49)
> **************************************************************
>

Top of Message | Previous Page | Permalink

Advanced Options


Options

Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started.

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password


Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe


Archives

ATOM RSS1 RSS2



LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

CataList Email List Search Powered by the LISTSERV Email List Manager