ARSCLIST  February 2013

ARSCLIST February 2013

Re: ARSC Conference Program scheduling- Your vote counts

Peter Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:00:15 -0500

Sorry, I did forget one other point.

I know that it is not always possible to find institutions willing to
provide space, but I do want to second the comments on how unsuited
hotel facilities are for the sort of presentations that are the meat
of the ARSC conferences. The Palo Alto conference showed that you can
house the attendees in a location and even hold committee meetings
there, but use first the rate lecture halls on the Stanford campus a
few minutes away. I also do not recall there being a lack of competent
AV operators, at least not at the sessions I attended.

I realize that I must know just a small slice of what goes into
managing a conference, putting together the program and all the local
arrangements, so I mean no disrespect to any of those who have chosen
to put the conferences on in hotel facilities. I just think this is
one of the issues that are worth airing at this point in time when we
seem to have a groundswell of sentiment for making some changes.

My best,

Peter Hirsch