BIBFRAME March 2013

Re: MARC Usage in WorldCat

Stephen Hearn <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:09:22 -0600

Another interesting extension of this would be a set analysis of the
records containing the field or subfield--e.g., for 583, a date of
publication profile, a date of last update profile, proportion of
identified government documents, etc.

Also, would it be possible to mark the subfields which are found in
WorldCat but not in the MARC standard, e.g., for 583, subfields t, w,
and y? Either that, or to exclude fields which fail validation from
the count?

Stephen

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
Technical Services, University Libraries