Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  April 2013

ARSCLIST April 2013

Re: some jazz familes: not exclusively jass but they did and do SWING!

Don Cox <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 6 Apr 2013 12:37:44 +0000

On 06/04/2013, Art Shifrin wrote:

> Andrews: LaVerne, Maxene, Patty
> Armstrong: Lil & Louis
> Boswell: Connee & Martha & Vette
> Calloway: Blanche & Cab
> Crosby: Bing & Bob
> Deniz: Frank, Jose, Laurie
> Dorsey: Jimmy & Tommy
> Ellington: Duke, Edward Kennedy II, Mercedes, Merc
> Goodman: Benny & Harry
> Green: Jeff & Lew (the family's musical endeavors including the Green
> Brothers date to circa 1860)
> Henderson: Fletcher & Horace
> Mills: Donald, Harry, Herbert, John (Sr. & Jr.)
> Pizzarelli: Bucky & John
> Sinatras: both Franks
> Clio Lane & John Dankworth
>
> I assume that there are more.
>
> Art (Shiffy) Shifrin

I wasn't thinking of siblings or marriages (and the Armstrong marriage
was quite brief), but of musical families extending over generations.

Compare the griot families in West Africa.

Regards
--
Don Cox