ARSCLIST  April 2013

ARSCLIST April 2013

Sticky SHRED

"Peoples, Curtis" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 1 Apr 2013 14:35:57 +0000

Hi Folks,

We have a collection of tapes that have sticky shed and we are baking and transferring them. Things are going as planned except for one tape. It is shredding into fine hair like stands. I thought it needed to be baked longer so I baked it a second time. Same problem. I have seen tape shed before and this looks different.

Any help identifying the problem is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Curtis L. Peoples, Ph.D.
Associate Archivist, Crossroads Music Archive, www.crossroadsofmusic.ttu.edu<http://www.crossroadsofmusic.ttu.edu/>
Unit Head, Crossroads Recording Studio, http://library.ttu.edu/crossroadsrecordingstudio/
Director, TTU Americana Ensemble, http://ttuamericanaensemble.weebly.com/index.html

Contact Info:
Southwest Collection, Texas Tech University
P. O. Box 41041
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
Email: [log in to unmask]
TEL: 806-742-3749 ext. 278