ARSCLIST  April 2013

ARSCLIST April 2013

Re: Nuclear War

Don Cox <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 6 Apr 2013 10:17:11 +0000

On 05/04/2013, Richard L. Hess wrote:

> Let's hope nothing happens. I doubt Mr. Un has a missile with enough
> range to hit North America (well, maybe Attu).

The North Koreans can probably hit Alaska right now, but with no
accuracy.

However, the long term question is whether so many cultural objects
should be kept together in one place. They must be more vulnerable to
disaster than if they were more dispersed.

Audio is more likely to survive than sculpture or painting, as very good
copies of recordings can be multiplied and spread around the world.

Regards
--
Don Cox