ARSCLIST  April 2013

ARSCLIST April 2013

Re: 32GB USB FLASH DRIVE Complete BACH Edition, Teldec Label from Warner Classics or LTD. Edition CD Set - both on SALE for libraries

Frank Strauss <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 Apr 2013 10:02:56 -0400

I would think it highly unlikely that the Presto folks would be selling a
bogus USB with the correct Teldec catalog number, especially since they are
also selling the disk version for $519.  Knowing what I go through to store
a classical recording just on iTunes, I can't imagine the labor intensity
to properly catalog 153 CD's. Does it include player software? If it
doesn't, you will have to use something. It has to be possible to download
the contents. Who would want to risk keeping 53 CD's worth of data forever
on a USB drive? I may buy it just for the novelty. It costs $3.01 for
shipping.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Steve Smolian <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> To me, the most interesting aspect of this release is how it is indexed
> apart from the book(let?) that it accompanies.  The level required for
> classical music cataloging adequate to allow the access many users consider
> mandatory requires so many more fields and other cataloging extras that I
> wonder how they dealt with them.  None of the available cataloging programs
> sold are adequate for classical music, in my opinion. That's another thread.
>
> The only earlier sanctioned flash drive comprehensive issue I've been able
> to track down is a complete Beatles set.  Made-up ones, legal or otherwise,
> have been around for DJ use for while now.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Music Hunter
> Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:27 AM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] 32GB USB FLASH DRIVE Complete BACH Edition, Teldec
> Label from Warner Classics or LTD. Edition CD Set - both on SALE for
> libraries
>

> Maybe their USB's are not legit?
>
> Your search for sound & video ends here!
> Jay Sonin, General Manager
> Music Hunter Distributing Company
> 4880 North Citation Drive, Suite # 101
> Delray Beach, Florida 33445-6552