ARSCLIST  April 2013

ARSCLIST April 2013

Re: The beginning of the end of broadcast TV?

Chris J Brady <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:53:42 -0700

You are welcome to view FreeView channels. They are mainly all repeats of old analogue broadcasts from years ago - like Last of the Summer Wine, LoveJoy, Carry On films, and never ending David Attenborough repeats. We also get numerous repeats of US shows like Rikki Lake, Elen de Generes, Judge Judy, South Park.

The highlights of the FreeView schedules is really Family Guy and American Dad! on BBC 3 (ch. 7).

But BBC 4 (ch. 9) has some great late night folk, blues and jazz programmes.

Up in the FreeView channels of 700 onwards there are loads of digital radio stations - mainly low-qual.

You should also view the FreeSat channels which multiplies the no. from about 30 of FreeView to over 300. These latter include Radio Caroline the now-legal pirate radio station (probably the best of the entire 700).

CJB