ARSCLIST  April 2013

ARSCLIST April 2013

Re: Edison "tuning" disc ?

Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:08:24 -0500

I have read that Danish inventor Vladimir Poulson had an AC generator in
his lab, and that was very early 20th century. Perhaps an electronic
source for a tone was available in Edison's day, altho I would assume
very expensive at the time.

It appears that electro-mechanical oscillators date back to the 1860s:

http://xenia.media.mit.edu/~gan/Gan/Education/NUS/Physics/MScThesis/Chapter1.html

joe salerno

--
Joe Salerno