ARSCLIST  April 2013

ARSCLIST April 2013

Re: The Rare Wax Cylinder Masters

Gerald Fabris <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:58:39 -0400

>But probably not Marston.

I hadn't heard about this release via Amazon.  But, there were many of these
"voice trial" cylinders that Marston and I digitized here in 1999 that Marston
did not release on CD.  (Marston's "Edison Trials" CD was a "best of".)  Back
then, Thomas Edison National Historical Park had a fee-free, no limits audio
duplication policy.  So, they are all out and about in one way or another.
Since then, though, the National Park Service tightened it's digital
duplication policy, so we now must charge a fee and don't allow "bulk
duplication".

>BUT - while I'm here I wanted to say that the new Marston 3-CD set "Edison
>Legacy 2" is just as wonderful as the first one with previously unissued
>Wax  DISC masters

I'm surprised the new Marston release has not been mentioned more here on
ARSClist.

-Jerry Fabris, TENHP