BIBFRAME May 2013

Re: Instance of ISBNs in MARC records

"J. McRee Elrod" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 May 2013 22:35:54 -0700

I said:

>In our case, most of those [multiplr ISNBs] are ISBNs for various
>bindings: e.g., trade, library, deluxe.

I should have added, or for volumes in sets and serials, or parts
of kits. Sorry.

We need a field or 020 subfield for analytical ISBNs, not to mention
ISBNs of the print original in electronic resource records.  If we
fail to get those before MARC's demise, let us hope Bibframe offers
than ISBN granularity.