Help for CHRONAM-USERS Archives

CHRONAM-USERS Archives

CHRONAM-USERS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

CHRONAM-USERS Home

CHRONAM-USERS  May 2013

CHRONAM-USERS May 2013

Re: Templates and Static Files Questions

Michael Beccaria <[log in to unmask]>

Data, API, website, and code of the Chronicling America website" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 May 2013 12:56:28 +0000

David,
Your approach worked very well and was understandable. Thank you!

I am, however, running into some hurdles farther down the line. I am upgrading a site built on the old version of ndnp (http://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/) to the new version and, as you know, a lot has changed in terms of the way the software works. You all made some nice changes and simplified things (templates especially...thank you!). As you can tell, I build a new template based off of the loc template that existed with the old version of the software but the new core template has a very different look. I'm running into some hurdles making sure that the urls.py matches the correct views that match the correct template etc. For example, the old template had the advanced search page forms available on the home page but the new template does not. I am in the process of going through all of the views and processors trying to knit it back together again.

With that being said, I noticed that there was an loc app in the files but that app also references an "lc" app that is commented out in the settings file and doesn't exist in the repository. I couldn't get it to work. I assume that this is the loc template made functional on the new version of the software? It would make my life MUCH easier if I was able to modify that loc template again rather than try to piece it all together from the core template. Can the loc templates be made available or is it proprietary to the loc?
Thanks,
Mike

Mike Beccaria
Systems Librarian
Head of Digital Initiative
Paul Smith's College
518.327.6376
Become a friend of Paul Smith's Library on Facebook today!