Below is information about the upcoming "EAD Consortia / Digital Content and
Digital Preservation Consortia" brown bag lunch discussion at SAA 2013, on
Thursday, Aug 15 from 12:00-1:15 pm.
Archival networks, EAD consortia, and aggregators have gathered informally
at SAA meetings for the past several years to exchange information and offer
mutual support. This lunchtime gathering will expand to include consortial
activities pertaining to digital content and digital preservation. It's a
venue for lightly facilitated conversation to follow up on the lightning
talks in Session 103. Planned topics include sustaining programs, to size
and scale of infrastructure. Below are discussion points for the upcoming
- Looking to the future: how are changes to the archival network ecosystem
changing our activities?
- Collaborative archival management activities: at what size and scale?
- Revisiting the value of consortia: are we doing enough?
Please see the conference program for location details.
Anyone interested is welcome to attend.
- Jennifer Schaffner, OCLC Research
- Jodi Allison-Bunnell, Orbis Cascade Alliance / Northwest Digital Archives
- Adrian Turner, California Digital Library / Online Archive of California