Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  July 2013

ARSCLIST July 2013

Re: attention Dead Heads - can you ID the concert?

Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Jul 2013 07:02:59 -0600

Thanks for telling me this,I don't think that's mentioned at Internet Archive. Roger > Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 01:28:22 -0400> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] attention Dead Heads - can you ID the concert?> To: [log in to unmask]> > The Grateful Dead Archive is at the University of California Santa Cruz Library. They have fan created tapes.> > Sent from my iPhone> > On Jul 24, 2013, at 9:55 PM, David Glasser <[log in to unmask]> wrote:> > > The concerts might be on Internet Archive, but if those are original Nagra recordings by the GD crew, they should find there way back to the Grateful Dead archive. > > > > David Glasser> > Airshow Mastering> > Boulder, CO> > > > Sent from the chronosynclastic infundibulum> > > > On Jul 24, 2013, at 19:46, Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:> > > >> Sort of OT,but I recently acquired a few dozen Grateful Dead soundboard reel tapes,all of which appear to be up on Internet Archive.I would like to either find a home for them,or possibly sell them for something,even though I now understand they have almost no value.If anyone is interested,ping me offlist. Roger > Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:26:38 -0400> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: [ARSCLIST] attention Dead Heads - can you ID the concert?> To: [log in to unmask]> > I've had this excerpt of the Grateful Dead song "St. Stephen" at the end of a cassette since I was > in high school:> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55748706/St_Stephen_excerpt.mp3> > It is clearly from a vinyl source (someone made the tape for me and stuck this on the end, knowing > that I didn't like the Dead in those days, this was an attempt to change my mind).> > I'd like to know the source so I can listen to the whole album or concert recording. This recording > is somewhat distinct because of the guitar feedback at the beginning and the goofy organ riffs > throughout (I'm guessing Pigpen was the source). I consider it a good performance overall because > the vocal harmonies were better (more in-tune) than most other live recordings of this song that I > have heard.> > More info about the recording much appreciated.> > -- Tom Fine