ARSCLIST  July 2013

ARSCLIST July 2013

Re: 90 minutes of concentrated love for grooved vinyl, by the BBC

Donald Clarke <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:59:57 -0400

On Jul 29, 2013, at 8:36 PM, Tom Fine wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv6xCUEBrDM

This is fun. All about demography and economics, the first generation in history to have so much loose change: nostalgia for the boomers. Not a word about Fine and Cozart at Mercury, Wilkinson and Culshaw at Decca, Bernstein's Mahler symphonies, tiny wonderful labels like Nessa (they weren't recording popcrock), Sinatra (who outsold everybody in the 1960s except the Beatles) I think I'll wait 100 years and see what's still around.

Donald "Snob" Clarke