The Reel Thing XXXI: Los Angeles
August 21-23, 2013
Linwood Dunn Theatre - Hollywood
Don't Miss It!
The Reel Thing: Los Angeles opens Wednesday evening, August 21st with a reception followed by a screening of the new 4k restoration of Bob Fosse's ALL THAT JAZZ.
The Reel Thing XXXI preliminary topics and presentations also include ...
* Preserving Disney's Animated Short Films (includes screenings)
* A Fully-automated System for Scanning, Preserving and Restoring Black & White Films
* ALL THAT JAZZ - A Restoration in Three Acts
* Roots and Stems: Superior Practice in Re-mastering Stereophonic Cinema
* Wet-gate Scanning vs. Dry Scanning
* What Dilemma? A Reasonable Approach to Digital Archiving
* Canned Music with Pictures - Hits of the Scopitone Era (includes screenings)
* "Crosssroads" post-Conner - Re-mastering and Versioning for New Forms of Display
* The Timeline of Historical Film Colors & Report on the Swiss DIASTOR Project
* DOTS Archival Media, and a Solution for the Digital Dilemma
* MORE to be added in the next couple of days, including additional screenings
* Final Program will be announced next week
Register today - Early bird discounts end next week!
Presenting the latest technologies in audiovisual restoration and preservation, The Reel Thing brings together a unique line up of laboratory technicians, archivists, new media technologists and preservationists. The Reel Thing Technical Symposium is organized and coordinated by Grover Crisp and Michael Friend.
AMIA . 1313 Vine Street . Los Angeles, CA 90028
323.463.1500 . [log in to unmask]