ARSCLIST  July 2013

ARSCLIST July 2013

Re: what are people using these days to burn DVD-Audio and regular CD-audio discs?

Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:38:50 -0400

Hey Angie:

THANKS! This looks much more interesting than anything else I could find with an hour of googling. I
don't know why this didn't turn up in the search results.

One problem I found is that many companies that claim to author "DVD-Audio" discs are really
authoring DVD DATA discs full of WAV, MP3 or WMA files. That is NOT the DVD-Audio standard (I don't
know what color "Book" that one is).

If I recall correctly, Angie is a fellow Quad-dubber, so she'd know true DVD-A software when she saw
it.

-- Tom Fine

PS -- another thing I'd love to find is SACD-ripper software, but Sony seems to have effectively
blocked such an animal. What would be great is rip the 2-channel layer of SACD to high-resolution
PCM and then to FLAC with tags.