PCCTG1 July 2013

Re: Updating examples in the CCM

"Riel, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:12:50 +0000

text/plain

Dear all,

The editors of module 22 have been asked to address, even in a preliminary way, updating AACR2 records.  We've scope this out and are beginning.

Steven

-------------------------------
Steven Riel
Manager of Serials Cataloging
Information and Technical Services
Harvard Library
625 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139 U.S.A.
Voice: 617-496-5981
Fax: 617-496-3013
Email: [log in to unmask]

-----Original Message-----
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ed Jones
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 6:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCTG1] Updating examples in the CCM

I agree with Steve. Best to put AACR2 in module 22 with its predecessor codes and treat the problems of updating older records in one place.

Ed

Ed Jones
Associate Director, Assessment and Technical Services National University Library
9393 Lightwave Avenue
San Diego, California  92123-1447

+1 858 541 7920 (voice)
+1 858 541 7997 (fax)