PCCTG1 August 2013

Re: cm and csr

Ed Jones <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:25:00 +0000

Beth

You are correct. The period is part of the "point-space-dash-space" prescribed punctuation that precedes the series area (area 6) in the description. Since there is no area 6 in these circumstances, there is no preceding prescribed punctuation, and hence no period.

The dash can be supplied by program on output, and theoretically--since RDA removes the period that formerly followed "cm" under AACR2--the whole "point-space-dash could have been supplied by program on records coded $e rda, obviating the need for that part of your chart. Maybe some day...

Ed

Sent from my iPhone