ARSCLIST  October 2013

ARSCLIST October 2013

Re: $1K DSD recorder

Ellis Burman <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:28:29 -0700

That looks really cool!  I like the fact that you can cascade them for
multi-track, though that would get pricey.  I could see buying four of 'em
for a jazz recording though.

But it's funny how manufacturers are still touting the NE5532 op-amp.  I
used them over 25 years ago in my designs for Quad Eight.  They're fine (a
lot of legendary consoles used them - Neve, Quad Eight, SSL, etc) but there
are many better op-amps available now.

Ellis

--
Ellis