Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  November 2013

ARSCLIST November 2013

Standards or best practices for preservation digitization of multi-track tape

"Nick J. Patterson" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Nov 2013 13:03:18 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

Dear list,

Can anyone give me a quick pointer to any guidelines, standards, or best
practices for the preservation digitization of multi-track tape?

The item under consideration is a 1/2" four-channel tape, with one
instrument on each channel.... but I'd like to know general principles re:
multi-track audio, if there are any out there...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, /Nick

Nick Patterson
Music & Arts Library
Columbia University
701 Dodge