On behalf of ARSC thank you for your participation in the ARSClist this year.
The collectors, archivists, engineers, scholars, and users of sound recordings who read and post to this list contribute to a valuable resource for the field.
On behalf of ARSC I invite you build on this contribution by becoming a member of ARSC in 2014. Membership is just $45 per calendar year for individuals and entitles you to the many member benefits noted below.
Importantly, your membership will strengthen ARSC's ability to respond to the recommendations of the National Recording Preservation Plan and further advance the preservation and study of sound recordings at national and international levels.
It is now time to become a member in ARSC for 2014!
Please join or renew online and pay securely by credit card or PayPal: arsc-audio.org/join.html. Or you may print and mail a membership form with payment: http://www.arsc-audio.org/memform1.html.
As an ARSC member, you will receive the following benefits:
* semiannual ARSC Journal, containing articles relating to recorded sound history and preservation, as well as discographies, reviews of books and sound recordings, and bibliographies of related articles in other publications
* triannual ARSC Newsletter, containing timely coverage of ARSC activities and including member advertisements and research announcements
* discounted registration for the ARSC conference and pre-conference workshop in Chapel Hill, NC in May 2014
* access to the ARSC Membership Directory, listing members' contact information, collecting areas, publications, and research interests
* access to sound recordings of conference sessions and workshops, 1998 to 2012, with 2013 and 2014 recordings available only to ARSC members
* eligibility to advertise goods and services in the ARSC Audio Preservation & Restoration Directory
* eligibility to participate in ARSC governance, committees, and chapters
ARSC is a non-profit organization, managed by volunteer members, that shares your serious interest in recorded sound collections. Please become a member today!
Executive Director, Association for Recorded Sound Collections<http://www.arsc-audio.org/index.php>
1299 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-1299
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | (541) 346-1852