Help for BIBCO Archives

BIBCO Archives

BIBCO@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

BIBCO Home

BIBCO  November 2013

BIBCO November 2013

Re: OCLC matching/merging question for BIBCO: place of publication

john g marr <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Nov 2013 11:54:08 -0700

TEXT/PLAIN

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013, Katia Strieck wrote:

> after some discussion, we at Penn also feel that OCLC should not change the
> current policy. I also agree with Robert below that there should be more
> emphasis on users reporting duplicates.

  What we really need here is an entirely new emphasis to reduce the need
for "reporting duplicates"! How about credits for revising seriously
deficient or erroneous master bib. records in OCLC so that they *can* be
recognized as duplicates by OCLCs automated matching algorithms?

  Some credits for taking the time to change access points (formerly known
simply as headings? ) on *all* related bibs. (not just those in