PCCLIST Archives

[email protected]

Monospaced Font

PCCLIST Home

PCCLIST  November 2013

PCCLIST November 2013

Re: 053 class numbers for juvenile literature

"Adam L. Schiff" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 18 Nov 2013 15:55:52 -0800

TEXT/PLAIN

LC does not input PZ numbers into 053. The NACO practice you quoted is clear on this - "other than works for children". Accordingly, you can't submit literary number requests in the PZ classification at this time.

Adam Schiff

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013, Bothmann, Robert L wrote:

> Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:26:10 +0000
> From: "Bothmann, Robert L" <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: 053 class numbers for juvenile literature
>
> The DCM at "053 LC Classification Number" has the following "NACO Practice"
>
> NACO practice: NACO participants may use this field only in the following situation: to record LC classification numbers associated with personal name headings for authors who have written works of the imagination, other than works for children. They may input classification numbers found on completed bibliographic records created and input by LC; they may request verification of other classification numbers.
>
> There are no references or instructions on 053 LC Classification numbers for works for children. How do we submit literary author numbers for PZ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bobby Bothmann
>
> ***********************************
> Robert Bothmann
> Metadata & Emerging Technologies Librarian
> Professor, Library Services
> Minnesota State University, Mankato
> P.O. Box 8419, ML3097
> Mankato, MN 56002