ARSCLIST  December 2013

ARSCLIST December 2013

Grammy Noms - a few comments

Steve Ramm <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 7 Dec 2013 12:08:06 -0500

I have lots of other thoughts when looking through the list - and I'm sure
there will be other posts too - but here are two thinks that caught my  eye:

In Folk Music we find Guy Clark (who is as Americana as Rodney Crowell and
Emmy Lou Harris) and the Greencards - who promote themselves as
"Bluegrass".  Chris Styrachwitz' Arhoolie set (which is really a book with 4 CDs) is onl
y true  FOLK release there.

Then I looked at the noms for "Album liner notes" and see 360 Sound by Sean
 Wilentz. Album notes?? There was no CD of 360 Sound. It was a BOOK and
also  available as a Deluxe edition with a USB drive. So liner notes for a USB
album  is considered for Grammy Awards? Are MP3 only albums then considered
as well.  Surely the Paramount set "Field Guide" will be nominated nor 2014
awards  then?

Truly weird.

Steve Ramm