EAD December 2013

Question about <relatedmaterial>

Jane Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 16 Dec 2013 09:47:25 +0000

Hi there,

I'm just wanting to advise an archivist who wants to refer to related material that is within the same collection.

The <relatedmaterial> tag is NOT for materials related by provenance.
However, it is comparable to ISAD(G) 3.5.3
ISAD(G) 3.5.3 is for "information about units of description in the same repository or elsewhere that ARE related by provenance or other association(s)

Has anyone come up against this issue before?

I know <separatedmaterial> is for materials related by provenance, but it's for materials that have been separated from the described materials. In this case there is no separation - it's all one co