ARSCLIST  February 2014

ARSCLIST February 2014

Re: Booklet notes for "Miles Davis & Gil Evans - The Complete Columbia Studio Recordings"

Music Hunter <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:13:32 -0500

Hope this helps somewhat:
Artist: Davis/Evans
Title: Davis/Evans: Complete Columbia Studio Recordings
Genre: Jazz
Sub-Genre: Jazz, Box Sets
Release Date: 11 May 2004
Rated: Unknown
Attributes: REMASTERED 6 CD CD BOX SET-STAND ALONE ~ Discs:6 ~ Country:USA
Country: USA
Label: Sony/Legacy ( SNYL )
Product Type: Compact Disc
Catalog #: 90923
UPC: 827969092323
Configuration: D: CD
This monumental, Grammy-winning 6-CD set has just been re-released in
longbox form *for $40 less* than its original incarnation! Together, Miles
and Gil formed one of the great collaborations in jazz history, and inside
are the three legendary albums they produced- Miles Ahead, Porgy and Bess
and Sketches of Spain -complete and newly remastered with tons of alternate
takes.
Track Listing
   Track # Title
1.  1 Springville
1.  2 The Maids of Cadiz
1.  3 The Duke
1.  4 My Ship
1.  5 Miles Ahead
1.  6 Blues for Pablo
1.  7 New Rhumba
1.  8 The Meaning of the Blues
1.  9 Lament
1.  10 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You)
1.  11 Springsville (Remake Take 7)
1.  12 The Maids of Cadiz (Take 1)
1.  13 The Duke (Take 11)
1.  14 My Ship (Take 1)
1.  15 Miles Ahead (Take 4)
1.  16 Blues for Pablo (Take 1)
1.  17 New Rhumba (Take 5)
1.  18 The Meaning of the Blues (Rehearsal Take)
1.  19 Lament (Rehearsal Take)
1.  20 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You) (Take 8)
1.  21 Pause Track
2.  1 Buzzard Song
2.  2 Bess, You Is My Woman Now
2.  3 Gone
2.  4 Gone, Gone, Gone
2.  5 Summertime
2.  6 Oh Bess, Oh Where's My Bess
2.  7 Prayer (Oh Doctor Jesus)
2.  8 Fishermen, Strawberry and Devil Crab
2.  9 My Man's Gone Now
2.  10 It Ain't Necessarily So
2.  11 Here Come De Honey Man
2.  12 I Loves You, Porgy
2.  13 There's a Boat That's Leaving Soon for New York
2.  14 Gone (Take 3)
2.  15 Summertime (Take 2)
2.  16 Prayer (Oh Doctor Jesus) (Take 2)
2.  17 I Loves You, Porgy (Take 1, Second Version)
2.  18 There's a Boat That's Leaving Soon for New York (Take 2)
2.  19 Oh Bess, Oh Where's My Bess (Take 5)
2.  20 Gone (Take 4)
2.  21 Pause Track
3.  1 Concierto De Aranjuez (Adagio)
3.  2 Will O' the Wisp
3.  3 The Pan Piper
3.  4 Saeta
3.  5 Solea
3.  6 Song of Our Country (Issued Take)
3.  7 Saeta (Full Version of Master)
3.  8 The Pan Piper (Take 1)
3.  9 Concierto De Aranjuez (Adagio) (Part One, Alternate Take)
3.  10 Concierto De Aranjuez (Adagio) (Part Two, Alternate Take)
3.  11 Song of Our Country (Take 14)
3.  12 Pause Track
4.  1 Song No. 2
4.  2 Once Upon a Summertime
4.  3 Ads Pes Da Cruz
4.  4 Song No. 1
4.  5 Wait Till You See Her
4.  6 Corcovado (Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars)
4.  7 Blue Xmas
4.  8 Nothing Like You
4.  9 Devil May Care
4.  10 The Time of the Barracudas
4.  11 Falling Water (Take 4)
4.  12 Falling Water (Take 6)
4.  13 Falling Water (Take 8)
4.  14 Falling Water (Take 9)
4.  15 Springsville (Take 5)
4.  16 The Maids of Cadiz (Take 11)
4.  17 The Maids of Cadiz (Take 11, Insert 1)
4.  18 Lament (Medley: Take 2)
4.  19 The Duke (Take 1)
4.  20 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You) (53225 Issued Version)
5.  1 Springsville (Rehearsal Sequence)
5.  2 Springsville (Rehearsal with Piano)
5.  3 The Maids of Cadiz (Take 9)
5.  4 The Maids of Cadiz (Take 10)
5.  5 The Maids of Cadiz (Rehearsal Sequence)
5.  6 Count Off for the Duke (Take 3)
5.  7 The Duke (Take 8)
5.  8 The Duke (Piano Take 3)
5.  9 My Ship (Take 6)
5.  10 Miles Ahead (Rehearsal Sequence)
5.  11 Miles Ahead (Take 12)
5.  12 Miles Ahead (Take 15)
5.  13 Studio Discussion
5.  14 My Ship (Take 7)
5.  15 Miles Ahead (Piano Insert-Mono)
5.  16 Blues for Pablo (Rehearsal Sequence)
5.  17 New Rhumba (Take 2)
5.  18 Lament (Take 1)
5.  19 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You)
5.  20 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You) (Take 5)
5.  21 Studio Discussion
5.  22 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You)
5.  23 Pause Track
6.  1 Studio Discussion
6.  2 Springsville (Take 8 Without Overdubs)
6.  3 Studio Discussion
6.  4 Miles Ahead (Take 11 Without Overdubs)
6.  5 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You) (Take 3 Without Overdubs)
6.  6 Springsville (Overdubs Take 1)
6.  7 Springsville (Overdubbed Solos 4-5)
6.  8 Springsville (Overdubbed Solos 6-9)
6.  9 Springsville (Issued Overdubbed Solo)
6.  10 Miles Ahead (Issued Overdubbed Solo)
6.  11 Miles Ahead (Overdubbed Solo)
6.  12 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You) (Overdubbed Solo 1)
6.  13 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You) (Overdubbed Solo 2)
6.  14 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You) (Overdubbed Solo)
6.  15 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You (Overdubbed Solo 9)
6.  16 I Don't Wanna Be Kissed (by Anyone But You) (Overdubbed Solo 19 &
19C)
6.  17 Miles Ahead (Mono Master)
6.  18 Gone (Rehearsal Sequence)
6.  19 Gone, Gone, Gone (Rehearsal Sequence)
6.  20 Studio Discussion
6.  21 Bess, You Is My Woman Now
6.  22 It Ain't Necessarily So
6.  23 Oh Bess, Oh Where's My Bess
6.  24 I Loves You, Porgy (Rehearsal Sequence)
6.  25 There's a Boat That's Leaving Soon for New York (Remake)
6.  26 My Man's Gone Now (Remake Take)
6.  27 Song of Our Country (Take 9)
6.  28 Concierto De Aranjuez (Adagio) (Rehearsal)
6.  29 Concierto De Aranjuez (Adagio) (Alternate Ending)
6.  30 Pause Track

Your search for sound & video ends here!
Jay Sonin, General Manager
Music Hunter Distributing Company
4880 North Citation Drive, Suite # 101
Delray Beach, Florida 33445-6552