BIBFRAME February 2014

Re: Fixed fields

"J. McRee Elrod" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 19 Feb 2014 16:58:31 -0800

Kaaren Coyle said:

>Mac, display is fine, but it doesn't add to functionality.

Informative display *creates* functionlity if the function of the
record is to assist access.  What good does it do to have a record
which systems folk can play with, it it does not assist patrons in
finding library resources?

What I want to do is to create bibliogrphic records our clients are
willing to pay for.

Our library clients would not be happy with:

Smith, John,$cPhotographer,$eohotographer

Nor would they be happy with a record which does not tell them the
jurisdiction of publication.

It se