ARSCLIST  May 2014

ARSCLIST May 2014

Re: Seeking discographical info on somewhat obscure Philips record

Richard Markowitz <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 21 May 2014 15:49:02 -0400

The cataloguing for the United States issue says "Recorded in New York
City, Oct. 1965" while an entry for the European release claims "Recorded
in Holland."

In 1994, in Stockholm, the pianist recorded a CD for Proprius, (issued in
1995) which included part of* Ludus Tonalis* (Interludium "Vivace";
Interludium "Moderato"; Fuga sexta in E-flat; Interludium "Valse").  The
program also had eleven other pieces, both standard and obscure, by various
eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth century composers (including four of
Chopin).

Käbi Laretei's 2010 autobiography, written in Swedish, was titled *Toner
och Passioner*: *Ludus tonalis*  (*Tone and Passion: Tone Play*).

Richard Markowitz