The submission deadline for the sixth conference "Semantic Web in Libraries" (SWIB), 1.-3.12.2014 in Bonn, has been extended to June 1, 2014.
The call for proposals here once again:
Call for Proposals: SWIB14 - Semantic Web in Libraries Conference 1.12. - 3.12.2014, Bonn, Germany
The SWIB conference (Semantic Web in Libraries, German: "Semantic Web in Bibliotheken") is an annual conference focusing on Semantic Web and Linked Open Data (LOD) in the library world. It is held by turns in the Cologne region and Hamburg. The topics of talks and workshops at SWIB revolve around opening data, linking data and creating tools and software for LOD production scenarios. These areas of focus are supplemented by presentations of research projects in applied sciences, industry applications, and LOD activities in other areas. SWIB mainly targets IT staff, developers, librarians and researchers.
As in prior years, SWIB14 will be organized by the North Rhine-Westphalian Library Service Centre (hbz) and the ZBW - German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics. The conference language is English.
Is there an interesting service, research topic or project that you would like to present at the conference? Or would you like to offer a pre-conference tutorial or workshop on the afternoon of 1 December? We appreciate proposals on the following or related topics:
Projects & Applications
* integration of LOD into productive library applications
* authorities and knowledge organization systems (thesauri, classifications, ontologies)
* mash-ups (using data from different sources)
* presenting and visualizing LOD
* end-user environments for interaction with LOD (e.g. annotation)
* crowdsourcing/gamification approaches involving LOD sources
Technology (focus on Open Source software)
* semantically enhanced data publication
* data transformation/integration/enhancement/mapping
* searching/information retrieval
* linked data in library systems
Standards & Best Practices
* RDF, JSON-LD, BIBFRAME & other open standards for libraries
* application profiles & provenance information
* providing updates & syncing data sources
* open data licensing
We are looking forward to receiving your proposals by *1 June 2014*.
Please submit an abstract of 1000-1500 characters using our website at https://www.conftool.net/swib14.
For the first time, this year's propsals will be reviewed by an international programme committee:
- Uldis Bojars (National Library of Latvia)
- Valentine Charles (Europeana Foundation, Netherlands)
- Karen Coyle (Consultant, USA)
- Sarah Hartmann (German National Library)
- Anja Jentzsch (HPI, Germany)
- Niklas Lindström (National Library of Sweden)
- Joachim Neubert (ZBW, Germany - Chair)
- Adrian Pohl (hbz, Germany - Chair)
- Dorothea Salo (UW-Madison, USA)
- MJ Suhonos (Ryerson University, Canada)
- Osma Suominen (National Library of Finland)
- Jakob Voß (GBV Common Library Network, Germany)
If you want to look at previous SWIB conferences: http://swib.org/swib14/history.php
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions: