ARSCLIST June 2014

Announcing the OA's next Music Issue

Steve Ramm <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:22:26 -0400

For those who missed the 2013 Music issue

  (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/8lyx0i)

_ABOUT_ (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/oezx0i) • _SUBSCRIBE_
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/46zx0i) • _DONATE_
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/kz0x0i) • _SHOP_
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/0r1x0i)

BIG NEWS: WE'RE GOING TO TEXAS FOR OUR
16TH ANNUAL SOUTHERN MUSIC ISSUE!

  (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/gk2x0i)

On Monday, June 16, Academy Award-winner Matthew McConaughey, Oxford
American editor Roger D. Hodge, and the Texas Music Office announced that the
state of Texas will be the focus of the OA's 16th annual music issue. The
announcement was at Austin's iconic Continental Club.
"The Oxford American is thrilled to showcase the music of Texas, home of
many of the world's most influential artists and recordings," says Rick
Clark, the OA's music editor. "In addition to delving into the state's
noteworthy historic recordings and figures, we will put emphasis on Texas's
current vibrant, creative artistic culture."
The issue will be published and available on newsstands nationwide in
December 2014. It will be packaged with a compilation CD dedicated to the
music of Texas. The magazine will include a special editorial section
comprised of essays and features about the artists and songs on the CD.
_Read more about our forthcoming Texas-themed Music Issue_
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/wc3x0i) .

  (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/c53x0i)

Jason Roberts, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Matthew McConaughey, and Dale Watson
joined the Oxford American and the Texas Music Office at Austin's
Continental Club to annouce the Texas Music Issue. The issue comes out in December
2014.

The staff of the Oxford American Literary Project would like to take a
moment to thank our readers and subscribers for supporting our annual Music
Issue. Your enthuasiasm for this project keeps us energized—and keeps us in
business! And now, we couldn't be more excited to bring you the music of
Texas.
Please help us spread the word about the Texas Music Issue by telling
your friends about #OAMusic.

  (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/sx4x0i)

“Rarely do I read a magazines from cover to cover in one sitting.
However, I couldn’t tear myself away from the Oxford American’s Southern Music
Issue.”
—Justin Alvarez, Paris Review Daily
The OA's music issue CDs "practically belong in the Smithsonian. They are
the greatest nonrap mixtapes of our era."
—Dwight Garner, New York Times

“The best mixtape you’ve ever heard.”
—Beale Street Caravan

 (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/8p5x0i)
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/oi6x0i) (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/4a7x0i)
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/k37x0i)

  (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/0v8x0i)

Contact the Oxford American magazine at [log in to unmask] or (501)
374-0000

                          Share this email:
(http://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/e/ch99yb/g4tci)
(http://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/t/ch99yb/g4tci) (http://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/f/ch99yb/g4tci)
(http://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/l/ch99yb/g4tci) _Manage_
(https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/59590/35054/13555950/?v=a) your preferences | _Opt out_
(http://t.e2ma.net/optout/ch99yb/g4tci?r=aHR0cHM6Ly9hcHAuZTJtYS5uZXQvYXBwMi9hdWRpZW5
jZS9vcHRfb3V0LzU5NTkwLzM1MDU0LzEzNTU1OTUwLz92PWE=) using TrueRemove™
Got this as a forward? _Sign up_
(https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/59590/35054.102455534/?v=a) to receive our future emails.
View this email _online_ (http://t.e2ma.net/message/ch99yb/g4tci) .
_P.O. Box 3235
Little Rock, AR | 72203 US_ (mip://09963a20/default.html#) _This email
was sent to [log in to unmask]
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book. _
(mip:[log in to unmask])
     (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/go9x0i)