ARSCLIST  June 2014

ARSCLIST June 2014

Re: The guy who cleans his 78s with spit.

Mickey Clark <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 24 Jun 2014 17:19:10 -0700

I haven't heard the gramophone cited as a viable solution to noisy records.
I find my Victrola Credenza  useful almost every day. Records from mid
thirties back are orcanic and develop an  distressed surface from improper
storage and subjection to moisture. Freezing is especiallly bad for 78s -
Victors from 1925 - 1927 are particularly susceptible to moisture damage. A
play (with a NEW needle) can give a much better transfer ...-Mickey