ARSCLIST  June 2014

ARSCLIST June 2014

Announcing the OA's next Music Issue

Steve Ramm <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:22:26 -0400

For those who missed the 2013 Music issue

  (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/8lyx0i)

_ABOUT_ (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/oezx0i)   • _SUBSCRIBE_
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/46zx0i)  • _DONATE_
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/kz0x0i)  • _SHOP_
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/0r1x0i)

BIG  NEWS: WE'RE GOING TO TEXAS FOR OUR
16TH  ANNUAL SOUTHERN MUSIC ISSUE!

  (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/gk2x0i)

On  Monday, June 16, Academy Award-winner Matthew  McConaughey, Oxford
American editor  Roger D. Hodge, and the Texas Music Office  announced that the
state of Texas will be the  focus of the OA's 16th annual music  issue. The
announcement was at Austin's iconic  Continental Club.
"The  Oxford American is thrilled to showcase  the music of Texas, home of
many of the world's  most influential artists and recordings," says  Rick
Clark, the OA's music editor. "In  addition to delving into the state's
noteworthy  historic recordings and figures, we will put  emphasis on Texas's
current vibrant, creative  artistic culture."
The  issue will be published and available on  newsstands nationwide in
December 2014. It will  be packaged with a compilation CD dedicated to  the
music of Texas. The magazine will include a  special editorial section
comprised of essays  and features about the artists and songs on the  CD.
_Read more about our forthcoming  Texas-themed Music  Issue_
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/wc3x0i) .

  (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/c53x0i)

Jason  Roberts, Ray Wylie  Hubbard, Matthew  McConaughey, and Dale  Watson
joined the Oxford  American and the Texas Music Office at  Austin's
Continental Club to annouce the Texas  Music Issue. The issue comes out in December
2014.

The  staff of the Oxford American Literary Project  would like to take a
moment to thank our readers  and subscribers for supporting our annual Music
Issue. Your enthuasiasm for this project keeps  us energized—and keeps us in
business! And now,  we couldn't be more excited to bring you the  music of
Texas.
Please  help us spread the word about the Texas Music  Issue by telling
your friends about  #OAMusic.

  (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/sx4x0i)

“Rarely  do I read a magazines from cover to cover in one  sitting.
However, I couldn’t tear myself away  from the Oxford American’s Southern Music
Issue.”
—Justin Alvarez, Paris  Review Daily
The OA's  music issue CDs "practically belong in the  Smithsonian. They are
the greatest nonrap  mixtapes of our era."
—Dwight  Garner, New York Times

“The  best mixtape you’ve ever  heard.”
—Beale  Street Caravan

 (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/8p5x0i)
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/oi6x0i)   (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/4a7x0i)
(http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/k37x0i)

  (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/0v8x0i)

Contact the Oxford American  magazine at [log in to unmask] or (501)
374-0000

                          Share this  email:
(http://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/e/ch99yb/g4tci)
(http://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/t/ch99yb/g4tci)   (http://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/f/ch99yb/g4tci)
(http://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/l/ch99yb/g4tci)    _Manage_
(https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/59590/35054/13555950/?v=a)   your preferences | _Opt  out_
(http://t.e2ma.net/optout/ch99yb/g4tci?r=aHR0cHM6Ly9hcHAuZTJtYS5uZXQvYXBwMi9hdWRpZW5
jZS9vcHRfb3V0LzU5NTkwLzM1MDU0LzEzNTU1OTUwLz92PWE=)  using  TrueRemove™
Got this as a  forward? _Sign  up_
(https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/59590/35054.102455534/?v=a)  to receive our future  emails.
View this email _online_ (http://t.e2ma.net/message/ch99yb/g4tci) .
_P.O. Box 3235
Little Rock, AR | 72203 US_ (mip://09963a20/default.html#)    _This email
was sent to [log in to unmask]
To continue  receiving our emails, add us to your address  book. _
(mip:[log in to unmask])
     (http://t.e2ma.net/click/ch99yb/g4tci/go9x0i)