Help for EAD Archives

EAD Archives

EAD@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

EAD Home

EAD  June 2014

EAD June 2014

Re: MTSR 2014: Special Track on Metadata & Semantics for Cultural Collections & Applications, 1st Call for Papers

Claire Sibille-de Grimoüard <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Jun 2014 13:00:12 +0200

Dear Lina,

At first, I hope all is the best for you, your family and your baby!

Thank you for your kind invitation. I would be very interested in
participating in this Special Track. However, before I accept, could you
tell me what does it involve?

My best wishes,

Claire

Lina Bountouri a écrit :

> Apologies for cross-posting
>
> ------------------------------
>
> *Special Track on Metadata & Semantics for Cultural Collections &
> Applications*
>
> Part of the 8th International Conference on Metadata and Semantic
> Research (MTSR 2014), 27 - 29 November 2014, Karlsruhe, Germany
>
> Submission deadline: July 13th, 2014
>
> Proceedings will be published in Springer CCIS series
>
> *AIM AND SCOPE***
>
> Cultural Heritage collections are essential knowledge infrastructures
> that provide a solid representation of the historical background of
> human communities. These knowledge infrastructures are constructed
> from and integrate cultural information derived from diverse memory
> institutions, mainly museums, archives and libraries. Each individual
> community has spent a lot of effort in order to develop, support and
> promote its own metadata as tools for the description and
> dissemination of cultural information, mainly related to its
> particular resources and use.
>
> The exposure of cultural information into the Semantic Web makes clear
> that metadata have to be accurate and deeply interpretable in the
> semantic level. Conceptual Reference Models could facilitate these
> procedures since they constitute conceptualizations - according to the
> specific point of view of a memory institution or its particular
> community - providing at the same time the context for interpreting
> the respecting metadata to their domain of discourse. CRMs have also
> been viewed as global schemata in order to map different metadata
> specifications. At the same time, there are also inter-domain efforts
> targeted to semantically align data (research data, educational data,
> public sector information etc.) to cultural information. The
> management of the cultural information provides challenges associated
> with (i) metadata modeling, specification, standardization,
> extraction, evaluation, mapping, integration and effective use, (ii)
> knowledge representation as conceptualization to provide the context
> for unambiguously interpreting metadata, and (iii) information
> integration from different contexts for the provision of integrated
> access and advanced services to the users.
>
> The aim of this Special Track is to maintain a dialogue where
> researchers and practitioners working on all the aspects of the
> cultural information will come togetherand exchange ideas about open
> issues in all stages of the metadata life cycle. The track also
> welcomes works for the connection and interlinking of the Cultural
> Heritage metadata to any other dataset published in the Semantic Web
> universe.
>
> *//*
>
> *TOPICS*
>
> The papers in this special track should be original and of high
> quality, addressing issues in areas such as:
>
>     * Cultural heritage metadata models, standards, interoperability,
>       mappings and integration
> [...]

Merci de nous aider à préserver l'environnement en n'imprimant ce courriel et les documents joints que si nécessaire.