ARSCLIST  August 2014

ARSCLIST August 2014

Re: Cataloging term for broadcast jingles/breaks/IDs?

"Nelson-Strauss, Brenda" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 2 Aug 2014 17:34:10 +0000

This form/genre term appears to be geared towards spoken announcements. It does seem as though a separate term should exist for Jingles, which at least in my mind specifically relates to musical promos. Or at the very least Promos (Radio commercials)should be broadened to include Jingles (in 455 and 670). Or is the broader term Radio commercials perhaps a more accurate place to include jingles? Hmmmmm . . .

Brenda Nelson-Strauss