Help for BIBFRAME Archives

BIBFRAME Archives

BIBFRAME@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

BIBFRAME Home

BIBFRAME  August 2014

BIBFRAME August 2014

Re: [Radical] Transcribed and Controlled Data

"Leigh, Andrea" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 1 Aug 2014 15:29:59 -0400

This is not unlike the concept I would like to see happen for distributed motion pictures and television programs that come pre-registered with EIDR ids <http://eidr.org/>. The idea is that you could use the EIDR unique identifier to automatically populate a record with key identifying information about the work/expression (in EIDR it's abstraction/edit) such as title, version, production company, principle cast, etc. As an example, here's the primary work level information identifying  Gone with the Wind (1939) https://ui.eidr.org/view/contenhttps://ui.eidr.org/view/content?id=10.5240/FB0D-0A93-CAD6-8E8D-80C2-4t?id=10.5240/FB0D-0A93-CAD6-8E8D-80C2-4. Once you have the work level information, you could then automatically populate technical metadata from the actual instantiation that you have.

Andrea

-------

Andrea Leigh
Head, Moving Image Processing Unit
Library of Congress
Packard Campus for Audio Visual Conservation